Wednesday 18 August 2010

Fabulous Creatures

Fabulous Creatures

mermaid_on_rock_with _friendsMermaid on rock with friends
King_Kong_plane_swatterKing Kong plane swatter

'King Kong plane swatter' was painted in july 2005. I suppose if I was to do it now (2010) I might pick a more dramatic angle,more film like,but then this angle does show the empire state building and king kong on top of it very clearly. The joke is easily to read flat on I suppose! I would paint the clouds to a better standard though.

'Mermaid on rock' was painted in dec 2008. I had painted an earlier one about a year previously but was never happy with that one. I'm sure I will revisit this subject in time for a repaint!

from website...
King Kong plane swatter
This digital illustration shows the famous monster, King Kong up on the Empire State building. In the film he is in battle with a number of small Biplanes. Here I have added a fly swat for Kongs defence against the planes, that would seem like irritating flies to him. The fork of lighting adds some drama and helps to show his form against the dark clouds. Painted in 2007.  

Mermaid on rock with friends
A mermaid is pictured sitting on a rock in the sea in this digital illustration. She is brushing away her long, red hair away from her eyes so that she can see her other sea friends, a crab, a dolphin and a seagull. Painted in 2008.
Photography PrintsPhotography Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment