Thursday 10 September 2015

digital sketch from life of little boat moored

digital sketch from life of little boat moored

A few days later after the previous post featuring a digital sketch from life, I decided to do another one. It was of a boat moored in one of the local marinas and I painted it during a very sunny morning. I did find it difficult however. It was not the subject or the drawing that was the problem. It was that it was too difficult to see the colours I was painting because the screen on the surface pro was just reflecting the ambient light around, even though the screen was set up at maximum brightness.  Basically I was just guessing colours and painting with them though what I thought I was selecting as a colour and what the computer was creating were often not the same. Even so the little sketch was not too bad. I did attempt another sketch during the afternoon which was still very sunny. I only got so far when the battery went on the device so that was the end of that. I may finish the sketch based on my memory at some stage.
#art #surfacepro #sailing #drawing #sketchbook
sketch done on microsoft surface pro of boat
digital sketch from life done on Surface Pro

No comments:

Post a Comment