Monday 28 September 2015

digital sketch propeller close up

digital sketch propeller close up 

digital sketch boat propeller
old propeller sketch using 'sketchbook for tablets'
This small rough digital sketch was done using 'Auto Sketchbook for tablets' on a Mircosoft surface pro in early September. It is a propeller of a fishing boat that is undergoing restoration, with a number of blue ropes bound around it.  It was a sunny afternoon when I did this and as usual I could not actually see what I was doing. Then the battery went so that was the end of the drawing, which I would finish off later at home. Just as the battery did go on the device however, the man restoring the boat saw me sketching it and was fascinated why I picked his boat, considering all of the luxurious boats and yachts surrounding it. I told him that his boat had lots of character. Apparently it would take about 6 years to restore this 1930s built wooden vessel. He then invited me on board to have a close look at the restoration work, at one stage crawling along on my belly to look at the engine, because all the decking from the boat had been removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment