Monday 21 September 2015

Digital sketch of boat on poles at marina

Digital sketch of boat on poles at marina

boat on poles stilks northam southampton

Today I did a digital sketch from life of a small boat on props at a local marina in Southampton. I used 'Autodesk Sketchbook Pro' for this. It was the first time I had used the 'pro' version after upgrading from the free version a few days ago. The main feature, for me, is that you are now able to choose your document or canvas size. Before it was restricted to the size of your screen on your tablet or device. You also get some more materials and tools to play around with and of I will investigate further at some other time. The boat was loosely sketch in with a pencil and the intention was just go around tightening up the drawing for my allotted period drawing. Instead however I decided to add some rough colour in to the artwork. The day itself was during the start of Autumn so the temperature was getting milder now. It was also a grey and damp day with a few spots of rain falling on to the screen of my 'Microsoft Surface Pro'. The usual difficulty was there of not being able to see what I was doing, because of the shiny screen reflecting the sky above. Also the battery was not fully charged so I had a limited time to do something. It took about 30mins to do and it is ok for what it is. If I had been able to carry on I would have put in some suggestion of the other boats, mainly on the left hand side and more precise colour and detail. 

#boat #sketchbookpro #marina #southampton #art

 

No comments:

Post a Comment