Sunday 6 September 2015

Fawley from Weston Shore Hampshire Digital Sketch

Fawley from Weston Shore Hampshire Digital Sketch

This is a small digital sketch painting done from life. It is also the first time I had a go at painting digitally on location and generally speaking it worked out quite well. The painting is no masterpiece but I think I will continue to explore this avenue! The location is in Hampshire looking at Southampton Water from Weston Shore/ Victoria park. In the distance on the other side of the water can be seen Fawley power station and oil terminal. Beyond that is the New Forest.

The software used was 'Sketchbook for Windows tablet' by Autodesk. I down loaded it the previous afternoon to play around with it, using my Microsoft Surface Pro device, that uses a Wacom enabled screen/ pen. One concern I had is not being able to see the screen as I worked, if the day was sunny. As it turned out I could see it reasonably well, on this very sunny Autumn day. I had installed 'Painter Essentials' a few months ago but found that is was over complicated for quick use and disappointingly the pen or tablet did not work well with it, often having to press or draw a number of time to get any response, and that does not suit the fast way I work. To make painter work well, when sitting at a desk does mean using an external keyboard for short cuts. That's ok when at home but not when out and about. The 'Sketchbook' software I have to say worked well. The pen was always responsive with the software without fail and controlling the software was simple so you can concentrate on the task at hand. 
#westonshore #hampshire #painting #art #digitalart
painting from life Fawley hampshire
Fawley from Weston Shore Hampshire Digital painting

No comments:

Post a Comment