Wednesday 15 June 2016

Upstart Crow Credit

Upstart Crow Credit

Sometimes I do work for television although it is rare nowadays, though in my earlier life most of my out put was for TV, mainly commercials. This series, 'Upstart Crow' has just finished its run on the BBC, with another series in the wings. My job was to create the drawings for the title sequence and the location inserts under the direction of my talented friend and director/ animator Kate Sullivan, whose web site is here. The comedy series is written by Ben Elton and stars David Mitchell, as William Shakespeare with a good supporting cast. Upstart Crow was commissioned as part of the 400th year anniversary of Shakespeare's death, strand of programme. The title sequence, and the style of the art obviously reflects the drawings of the day. Sadly, due to BBC rules, I only get a credit on the final programme of the series!
The artwork itself can be seen on my website, here.
upstart crow end credits
Martin Davey credit on Upstart Crow


 

No comments:

Post a Comment